moving on

I couldn't post for a little bit after my last one.

There are so many things going on:
- was laid off, it was a good thing
- moving to New York
- starting a foundation "Jewels for schools"

This morning I talked to 5 different moving companies associated with Vanlines. My quotes ranged from 1080 to 4300. With all of the same requirements, loading and unloading - direct move. I did not know that all companies are associated to the same place, but do now. I have to say that we will probably just go with the person who is a good price and has some personality. I basically hung up on a guy who only wanted to tell me the comparison with his company vs others. It was really annoying and it was as if he was in a contest on who can talk the longest with 20 marbles in his mouth. He won.

Moving to NYC, exciting right?! Well yes and no..It is the right move for our family.
But it is incredibly sad to leave our friends and family.

Starting a foundation, Jewels for Schools, really exciting. Before I reach "foundation"
status I have researched some places that I can fund until we can be our own. More to come on this.

Being laid off, I am treasuring the precious opportunity I have to hang out with my little girl and watch her grow. I am having so much fun making jewelry with the thought that they will go to help a good cause, educating our kids.

No comments: