Oscarblue



May he rest in peace

I got Oscar in Berkeley, Ca 16 years ago on Telegraph avenue. My friend Joelle worked at a booth on the street selling sea shell pipes and called me when she saw the box of kittens.. I came down right away and picked the lil guy that was hiding behind a blanket. We then drove off in my 64 Dodge dart to my warehouse in East Oakland. I state the car because it had bench seating and after the initial scare of "who are you?!!" from Oscar, he then crawled up in the top of the seat and put his paw on my shoulder as I drove. I was 20 years old.
He was my buddy, my partner in crime and made my world. I moved all over Oakland, Berkeley and San Francisco and as long as he had a lap to stretch out on, it was all ok. I will miss him so much and loved him dearly.

1 comment:

Judy B said...

I was Oscar's grandmother. I called him the Million Dollar cat because when he got hit by a car I was the one to pay the vet bill. I cannot remember the last time he sat on my lap (or for that matter even paying attention to me when I saw him) but last week amazingly he came over and sat on my lap for a long time. Today I was at his house and I said a little prayer for him that he 'hook' up with my wonderful cats "up there" and they can have chats about their humans. Yes, Oscar, you were indeed one-of-a-kind! A big kiss to you.